17. tammikuuta 2019

We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment




Brisbane & East Coast


 After Melbourne, I flew to Brisbane about two hours and almost missed my flight. First I took the wrong tram, and I was running out of time. Usually I'm well prepared and have spare time at the airport but this time I apparently wasn't.

I spent a week in an apartment near the town looking for a job. Most backpackers get a job at a  farm to get the second year visa, but I didn't. I got a job for three days, giving samples of popsicles :)

Before I got the proper job in Kumbia,  I enjoyed my time in Brisbane.
I went to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, hold a Koala and hugged a Kangaroo. Or a Wallaby. 
Can't really tell anymore.  






Eventually I got a job in a small town called Kumbia in Queensland.
I took a train from Brisbane to Caboolture (50min) and a bus from there to Kingaroy (2h). 
It was a small hotel, with only 6 rooms. 
I spent there two weeks working mostly during day time, doing loundry and cleaning. 
In the evenings I spent my time in the bar pouring beer for the locals. 



I had a day off, and one of the locals took me to Bunya Mountains to see a waterfall. 
Unfortunately it was almost dried out.

I truly loved every second spent in the nature of Australia.
Even thought I am more of a city girl. 


Story time:

Once upon a time, a family was driving home when all in sudden a wild kangaroo jumped and crashed their window. They went to check was the animal still alive, but sadly she had passed away. Still shocked, one of the kids noticed that its pouch was moving. 
They found a baby kangaroo and did not really know what to do with it. So they took him to the vet, and after that to their home and so it became a pet. 








And I was really lucky to feed this little baby and keep him company during the day time at the hotel.

We had old pillowcases, and she loved to sleep in them. She also loved to hang around the yard, and followed me wherever I went.
Things did not work out with the family, and I went back to Brisbane. I booked a hostel a little further away from the city for a week. 
It was Chill Backpackers hostel. 



After a few nights, I went to the next hostel for a drink, and I met a group of Germans. They had a camper van and a station wagon with a bed on the back. 
And room for one more lonely backpacker. So I packed by bag and joined the team for an adventure.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti