11. helmikuuta 2019

Me, Myself & Prague


 "Prague changes like a precious stone to reflect the weather, 
the time of the day and the season of the year"
- Christian  Norberg-Schulz


 Definitely one of the most beautiful citys I have ever seen.
Each corner of a street was somehow different than the other.

City full of red roofs, castles and glorius buildings. 



  I visited Prague in the end of September 2018, for a long weekend. Less than a month after we were in Dubai. 
 My ankle was still in a cast, but I was able to walk already. I also used a lot of the trams and busses, they were really easy and cheap choice!

From the airport I took a taxi to the city, it takes about an hour, and costs 20-30€.

I went sightseeing with a tram number 22 on most of the days. There is a lot to see and you can easily hop off whenever. Also number 9 is good for sightseeing.

Number 22 goes trough the city and continues to Mala Strana and all the way up to the Castle of Prague. 
This tram also stops on the famous Charles Square.


On the way you will eventually reach the National Theather, which you will recognize by its golden rooftop. 

It will go over the Vlatava River on the way to Újezd. Take your camera out and be prepared to memorize the view of the river with the Prague Castle on the back.


The tram will take you to Malostranská
If you want to visit the Castle or St. Vitus Cathedra, you will hop off here and start your upward journey.

You can also wait a couple of stops, and the tram will take you up to Pražský hrad, where you can walk down to the castle. 
I walked up from Malostranská to the castle, and it was worth it.
The views of the city got prettier and prettier the higher I got. There is also a possibility to rent scooters, but with a broken ankle I decided that walking is a safe choice.


To get to the castle lands, you will need to go through security control. 
You will see the castle guards and soldiers with real guns standing still outside the castle and patrolling on the lands, if you are lucky you can see the shift change.



I walked down to Malostranská through the castle wine yards. Which I can highly recommend!


I was not so lucky with the weather this time. It was sunny when I flew there, and sunny when I left. In between it was chilly and rainy. Stormy even I could say. 
 Thankfully the trams took me around so well!

I was supposed to take the Cable car up to Petrin Hill on my last day, but it got stormy (surprise..) just when I got off the tram. With my casted leg and walking sticks, I couldn't walk in the rain so I took the next tram back to the old town and went shopping instead.


In case you are interested, you can get there with the tram 22 and hop off on Újezd. The stairs with the falling men are just behind the tram stop. 
There is a small climb up the hill, but apparently the Cable car is just around the corner. 

I spent there 4 days, and for me it was just enough time to explore the city.


I would definitely go again. 
It was worth every second and even though I got to see a lot, I feel like it wasn't even half of what the city has.
 
Hopefully next time I'm able to go without breaking any bones just before..

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti